Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The boyfriend was here this weekend. No, I didn’t kick him out. I have to admit, we actually had a good time.

Four years ago I was in a long distance relationship with a guy that I totally fell for… I wonder if I would have viewed him differently if I’d lived with him or if we’d even lived in the same city. As it was, I was only able to see him once a month, usually for a 3 day weekend, and we always had a great time. Having the current boyfriend working out of state and only popping home for a long weekend is quite pleasant. Sadly, I suspect that won’t last. He does intend to come back here for good at some point. Bah.

The boyfriend’s brother lives with their mom, my ex-boss. I’ve always gotten along well with the brother. He’s the sort of guy who is fun to hang out with, but whom one should never, ever date. (He has at least 3 girlfriends that I know about, none of whom know about each other!) Anyway, I only ever hang out with the boyfriend’s brother when the boyfriend is around, so I haven’t seen him since all this drama with their mom started.

This weekend, not only did the boyfriend drive down to see me, but one of his brother’s girlfriends drove in from out of state to see him. This girlfriend knows (but according to her, doesn’t really like) the ex-boss’s daughter, sister to the boyfriend and his brother – you know, the one who keeps telling people she wants to kill my pets and put me in the hospital, among other psychotic things.

Anyway, I had to work late on Saturday (the schools were putting on a weekend event for the kids at the local community college), and as I was leaving (around 9pm) the boyfriend called to ask if it was OK for his brother and brother’s girlfriend to come over for the evening. I said that as long as he wasn’t crazy and talking about killing me like the rest of his relatives, that wouldn’t be a problem.

The first thing the brother said when he saw me was, “It’s good to see you, Anonymity. I’m staying out of that drama between you and my mom though.” I told him I had no drama, it was all in her head… and he said that all he had heard for the past three weeks was her bitching about me, and that he was just sick of hearing it. (Gee, does she obsess much?)

I apologized to the brother and his girlfriend for not having much in the way of food/drinks at the house, but that I hadn’t learned they were coming over until I was on my way home from work. To this, the girlfriend asked, “You were at the Non-Profit this late?” (instead of “non-profit” she actually said the name of my ex-job) I explained where I actually work and what I was doing, and she said, “Well you work at the Non-Profit, too, right?” To which I told her that no, I hadn’t worked there since August. She was really, really surprised by this, and said that all the ex-boss’s daughter had talked about for the past two or three weeks was how *I* had gotten them fired from the Non-Profit so that I could take it over! Apparently the ex-boss’s daughter, and I guess the ex-boss as well, believe that I not only work there, but that I am the new Director!

My response to this was “Wow, they really are crazy.” The girlfriend heartily agreed.

(Additionally, I’d heard the ex-boss and her daughter bitch for months about this particular girlfriend, about what a terrible person she was, and about how their son/brother could do so much better... Meanwhile, I liked her a lot, and felt rather bad that she was so in love with someone who was treating her so very badly.)

No comments: