Sunday, September 27, 2009

The ex-boss really must be psycho. She sent my friend (whom she had fired) a very formal letter stating her intent to prosecute said friend for theft of products and services from the the organization... I can't go into details here without giving away the identity of the ex-boss and her business, but suffice it to say that I know for a fact that my friend did NOT steal either products or services. And if the ex-boss weren't crazy, she would surely know this, too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then your friend has nothing to worry about. Unless said boss can provide definate proof, which there is no way that she has since it didn't happen, that your friend did the stealing then she has no ground to stand on. Gotta hate thoughs crazy ex-bosses.

Anonymous said...

Of course she has somethng to worry about! Defending yourself against false allegations is nearly as much of a headache and time and money as defendign yourself against an actual offense. She shouldn't be found guilty, but she would still have to defend herself. But probably no prosecutor would touch it with a 10 foot pole - but she still hass to document the hell out of everything (inlucidng contact from the ex-boss).

Has the boss put any of her allegations in writing? Have others heard her say them verbally. If so, the friend should send her a very formal letter in response suggesting that her written comments are libelous and her verbal comments are slanderous and advisingher to cease and desist all communications with her as well as all references to/about her or that she may be required to pursue litigation for slander and libel.

Maybe that would give the psycho ex-boss something to think about!

Anonymity said...

In addition to having to defend herself legally, we live in a very small community, where everyone hears everything about everyone... and having someone telling numerous people untruths about you in an area like this can really hurt you. Although, my friend has been here a long time and knows just about everybody, so I would almost think that any attempts to slander her would backfire.

Yes, she HAS put these allegations in writing, although so far as we know, only in the letter which she sent to my friend. My friend has shown the letter to the board members, who were absolutely shocked (she obviously had not ccd them on the letter!). The board has asked my friend, my replacement and me to each write a statement detailing everything we know about the ex-boss...

Anonymous said...

Ahh, so in the end justice will be served on the ex-boss. I like it. I hope that the allegations about your friend do not even get to court. The fact that your ex-boss had not even brought up the letter to her superiores shows that she has no ground to stand on. With that being said its good to see that shes preparing herself for the posibility of having to defend herself in court. Ducks in a row and all that.

Give them Hell and write everything that you can think of. I'm sure she will be getting her just desserts soon and I'm sure everything will work out in the end.

Anonymous said...

I Hope the boss and all related to her end up in court because it will be fun to see her throw herself under the bus which would surely happen since she is freakin' PSYCHO!

I have seen two people with anger management issues in court lately for various reasons and under pressure they can not keep it under control, show their true colors, and shoot themselves in teh foot. The judge and/or jury see right through it.

Anonymous said...

Holy shit dude, just when I think your stories couldn't get any crazier...I agree with some of the other commenters though, this is a shitty situation for your friend (I agree that defending yourself legally when you're innocent is no small pain in the neck/source of stress) BUT this could be the beginning of the end for the ex-boss's crazy-ass powermongering. So yeah, give them everything you've got and meanwhile best wishes to your friend--this is going to be tough now, but the end result could be a good thing.