If any of you reading this know who I am and HAVEN'T seen the crazy weird comments on my facebook about swine flu, you should totally go check them out right now. (The people making the comments were the ex-boss and her daughter - who is also my ex-supervisor, in addition to the fact that they are the boyfriend's mother and sister, respectively.) For those of you who either don't know who I am or don't use facebook, let's just say that Daughter stated a "fact" on my FB wall, a good friend of mine pointed out that she was wrong... and then Daughter replied by calling my friend all sorts of obscenities, and was then backed up by her mother. Psychotic. Especially considering the level of vitriol directed against my friend and the fact that they have never, ever met. They are completely nuts.
Meanwhile...
Regarding my former place of employment... My friend, my replacement and I each submitted detailed statements today to the Board of Directors (mine was 25 typed pages long, and included photographs, pay stubs and signed statements by other employees), and they are planning on having a meeting regarding this next week. They had actually planned to meet this week to discuss it, but one of the Board members had a death in the family, so they postponed it. Basically, from what we've been told by three separate Board members, they want her gone, and they hope it can be done "quickly and painlessly" - although knowing how psychotic and vindictive the ex-boss is, I somehow doubt that it will be either quick or painless.
The boyfriend is currently out of state, working. I had been really worried about how he would react when he learned that I had submitted a statement to the Board that will probably result in his mom losing her job (although I have to admit that part of me was hoping he'd dump me), but instead he told me that he was going to stay out of it, because she was his mom, but that I had done the right thing, and that his mom probably did need to be investigated! I was floored. Probably the most mature thing he has EVER said to me. So I guess we'll see how that goes.
I'll update when I hear something more!
4 comments:
The FB dialogue is truly the funniest thing I have seen in a really, REALLY long time. I STILL laugh every time I think about it! But am glad that they don't know where I live!
So what did you decide about the BF and changing the locks and/or getting his mom to pick up his stuff? I know you were worried about how to handle it!
I really hope the BOD can get rid of her ASAP! I'd love to read your 25 page document.
After reading those FB posts, I thought that's who they must be. That would seriously send me running for the hills. I tried to tell a friend about the comment chain, but I couldn't even come up with some of those creative insults, so I just ended up saying 'fuckin' a lot. :)
When does the BF get back? What do you think will happen?
btw - the fb exchange is now an inside joke with my coworker (who thought it was the craziest thing he'd ever read). Aka him "false statement; me "you're an f'ing blah blah blah."
Post a Comment