And now for a general update into the life of Anonymity.
Boyfriend:
I have essentially been living alone for the past three months or so while the Boyfriend is out of state, working and taking care of various court cases. (Yeah, he’s a stellar catch.) It’s been wonderful, really… because you know me, I like to avoid issues, and this has been one fantastic period of avoidance. Well, he called last night to say that he was going to be home for Thanksgiving, and would probably be home a full month. Then he’ll have to go back out of state because his court case got a continuance until late next month. It was one thing to have him down for the weekend… but a whole month… I feel a tension headache starting already. I suspect the time for avoidance will soon be over, and the time for confrontation will be here. Yuck. I was really hoping he’d meet someone up there who loved him and who wanted nothing more than to get shit-faced drunk with him every night, get married, and bear his children. No such luck.
Ex-job:
They had an opening for someone in the position my friend used to hold… and they hired someone with no experience instead of hiring her back. I don’t know what the deal is with that, but it infuriates me, because she is an excellent worker who knows damn good and well what needs to be done and how to do it. And it’s not like she was demanding high wages; she’s unemployed and would love to have a minimum wage job right about now. Meanwhile, one of the board members submitted his resignation, citing health reasons (several of the board members are rather old and do have rather poor health, and I am sure all the recent stress hasn’t been good for them). So… I contacted several board members and suggested my mother, who is more than qualified to be on the board; don’t know if they’ll accept her or not. I hope so, because while they all mean well, none of them seem to have any clue (which is, of course, how the ex-boss was able to get away with so much shit for so long).
3 comments:
Sounds like things are looking up, overall. Good luck over Thanksgiving and the next month. Maybe the tension headaches will give you the incentive you need to make an official break! :)
The non-profit and volunteer thing CAN pay, you jsut have to do the boring school thing first. I thought I would have a Traumatic Brain Injury from banging my heada gainst the wall so many times before I finished school, but I finished and now I get to work at a non-profit that pays me, and part of my job is "collaborative netowrking" which means I get to participate in "volunteer" activities (they are during work hours so I am paid) like gold tournaments, Poker Runs, wine tastings, and all sorts of charity events for my favorite causes.
Boring school sucks - but it pays off eventually!
As for the following month - time to clean house :-)
You asked once how you can avoid drama in your life. It requires removing things that repeatedly give you headaches!
Post a Comment