Monday, November 9, 2009

I thought y'all might be interested in an update on the ex-job. Well, not much has happened. The local Sheriff's Department and local prosecutor are investigating the ex-boss, although we haven't had any updates from that point of view. Meanwhile, the ex-boss keeps posting absurdities on the local community internet forum. She does this under pseudonyms, but it is nonetheless obvious that it's her. Most recently, she posted that she has a millionaire sponsor from out of state who is going to sponsor her buying land and building a new, competing facility in our county that will run the ex-job out of business. Um, yeah. Like anyone believes that. If anyone wants to see that post, I can email them a copy. Also, there was another article in the local paper, which I linked to on facebook.

The ex-job has been having a lot of trouble with the internet community in the non-profit sector in which they work. Apparently the ex-boss and her daughter have been spreading the word about how horrible the ex-job is, and now many places simply refuse to deal with the ex-job. That is simply unconscionable... I mean, even if these people thought the new staff at the ex-job were horrible people, they should still want to help the cause, right? Ugh. People suck.

And speaking thereof... remember how my friend was told the ex-job couldn't afford to hire her? Well, they have since hired two other part time people, neither of whom have experience with the place. My friend worked there almost as long as I did, and she knows all the ins and outs of the job... AND she is currently unemployed. One of the two part time people they hired has a full time job already! I don't know what the deal is with this, but it seems thoroughly unfair.

No comments: