The last time that I received an email from the ex-boss was about a year ago, maybe a little more. I pretty much had a panic attack. She didn't sign it (although I immediately recognized the email address), and wasn't threatening at all, and may (although I doubt it) have been honestly inquiring about something on behalf of someone. She sent the email to both me and my mom. My heart pounded, my hands shook, and I totally freaked out. I sent a panicked email to my mom telling her who the email was from, so that if she chose to answer it she would be VERY careful with what she said. I was literally on the other side of the globe from her, and yet seemingly polite contact from that woman totally wrecked me.
Today I received an 'invitation to connect on LinkedIn' from her. My initial thought was a highly sarcastic, Oh fuck you. At least my mental health (related to this, anyway) seems to be improving. Of course, I also realize that she may have just asked LinkedIn to send invitations to everyone in her address book, and it may have not been an intentional thing. It kind of disturbs me that she may very well have discovered my LinkedIn page, meaning she would know where I work and live now - granted, I'm still on the other side of the world, but...
Meh, whatever.
No comments:
Post a Comment