Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sometimes Google can be your worst enemy (sorry, M!). There are things you know you just shouldn't Google, because the results will inevitably put you in a foul mood. And yet you do it anyway.

I shouldn't Google the ex-boss, but I do so periodically. I just can't help myself. Especially when I see that she's been Googling me; it only seems fair. Not that fairness has much to do with it where she's concerned.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing." <- Hah. In truth, it's more like, "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for mediocre people to worry solely about covering their own asses." Had the board members of the ex-job been more concerned about justice and less concerned about their reputations and avoiding scandal, the ex-boss would have been arrested, and she wouldn't be continuing to rake in the dough for her "charity." I personally provided clear evidence of criminal wrongdoing to the Sheriff's department - and was backed up by several witnesses. And nothing came of it. Surely the fact that the board members are prominent people in the community had nothing to do with the case being dropped, right? Sigh.

Meanwhile, the ex-boss continues to run her "charity." Now I'll admit, her charity does *some* good. A little good. Not a lot. Not the amount that she claims. I'll even admit that sometimes donations that go to her and her "charity" are actually used for the purposes that she claims. Sometimes. Of course, I've also personally heard her say things like, "We just got in a big donation! We'll be eating lobster tonight!" and I will continue to stand by my statement that this woman is a flim-flam artist.

I shouldn't Google her, I really shouldn't, because I get reminded that she is still out there scamming people - and that people still believe in her, come to her defense, and attack those who try to point out that she is not the saint she wants people to believe. It just kills me to see her out there, getting away with the same old shit.

I have trackers on all of my blogs and websites. I have one blog that I no longer use, although it is still online. I stopped blogging there because the ex-boss was visiting it multiple times a week, which really freaked me out. The old posts are still online, and the site's tracker is still running. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that the post containing the text from the newspaper article about her termination from the ex-job was getting a ton of hits from facebook. As the tracker wouldn't lead me to the specific facebook page that had posted the links (boo), I gave in to temptation and Googled her. Surely people wouldn't be sharing a link to an article on her termination unless she were causing problems, right?

And sure enough, same old, same old. She had posted a plea for donations that essentially read "we need lots of money or else we will be forced to cause those our charity helps to suffer greatly" (sorry I can't be more specific). A lot of people were very concerned about her plea, which seemed more of an extortionist threat than a plea for help, and had apparently started Googling her. There's a good bit of information on her out there if you look, including articles on her termination from the ex-job - as quoted on my old blog. Between the extortionist wording of her "plea for help" and her record (criminal and other), various people had begun posting warnings about her, and it even got picked up by local media. I dared to think "This is it! She's finally gone too far... she will finally be exposed for what she is!"

I've kept track of this latest drama via the internet, watching silently from a distance of several continents. I shouldn't have bothered. She's won yet again.

She contacted her friend at a local paper, and had a very pro-her article written. She claimed that others changed the wording of her initial plea, and that she'd never written what was posted on a variety of sites under her name.

She has threatened legal action against those who spread "rumors" about her.

She has gotten several legitimate and well-known charities in the field to endorse her. One even ran an article on their website about how fantastic she is. It included the following gem:

Rumor: She was fired from [a charity] for stealing money. Truth: She was NOT fired, she left due to a disagreement with the president. The newspaper had a mis-print. The president reported her "stealing money from them" however upon a 6 month investigation, the outcome was that they found EVERY PENNY WITHIN THE [organization] and NO charges were pressed, and everything was dropped.

Truth: She was fired.
Truth: She did steal money from the ex-job.
Truth: None of it was recovered.
Truth: No charges were pressed, and everything was dropped.... because the board members didn't want a scandal.

But no one wants to face the truth.

And judging from her organization's facebook page, the donations are rolling in.

No comments: