Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Recently, the Boyfriend has started acting really paranoid. He’s in another state right now, working. He left about two weeks or so ago. Recently he’s been acting like he’s really worried that I’m lying to him about where I am and what I’m doing: asking me where I am, where I’ve been, was I there the whole time, did I really just get home or was I somewhere else, etc. Now I was getting really pissed off about this, because the situation with him is already pretty crap, and that just makes it even more annoying. BUT: I was talking to a former coworker yesterday. This coworker still works at my ex-job, and for practical purposes I’ll call him the Spy. The Spy still talks to the ex-boss. The ex-boss told the Spy that I am often on facebook when I am supposed to be in class, and that she made sure to tell her son (the Boyfriend) that I am lying to him about my whereabouts! Aside from the fact that she doesn’t know my class schedule (so how would she know if I’m supposed to be in class or not), each classroom at my college has wireless internet, and I have been known to go online during class. Okay, maybe checking facebook in the middle of class isn’t what I’m supposed to be doing, but I have done it from time to time. Now, I know the ex-boss is crazy. At this point, that’s a given. So I ask myself, does she really believe that I am lying to her son about my whereabouts? Or is she just trying to break us up? If it’s the latter, then I think that’s a really, really terrible thing for a mother to do to her own son, especially since he’s had two serious girlfriends cheat on him. What a bitch!

Meanwhile, the Board of Directors is meeting tonight…. I’ll let you know what, if anything, comes of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really gotta un-friend your boyfriend's family.

Anonymous said...

yes, I agree with previous comment.

And I always hated it when my students checked FB/MS during class. So annoying!

Annie Nimity said...

but if I un-friend them, I can't cyberstalk them ;-)

and don't worry, i only use my laptop during down time in my classes... i could (and probably will) write an entire blog post on my complaints about 2 of my 3 professors... and the amount of down time is one of my complaints!