Thursday, September 1, 2011

I'm in a hotel by the airport, and will be leaving the US tomorrow morning. Twelve days in the US and three sightings of the ex... luckily, no actual contact. It will be better, one day, when I can return without having to give him or his psycho family a single thought.

As I mentioned in my last post, I thought I saw him drive by as I was talking to someone at a construction site. It wasn't the same car he used to drive, but I was 90% certain it was him. It sure as hell looked like him anyway.

A few days later, my mom and I were leaving said construction site. Just as we pulled away, the same dark green metallic car pulled up alongside the site. Whoever was driving stopped to chat with the workers. When we drove back by about 15 minutes later, the car was gone.

Today, as we were leaving town (as in I was on my way out of town for at least the next year, heading for a hotel by the nearest airport), we drove past him. It was a T intersection, and he was waiting for the light to turn left, I was approaching to turn right. I noticed the car first. Obviously since that first encounter, I'd been paying close attention to the drivers of all small, dark green, metallic sedans. And whaddyaknow, there he was. I got a good look this time, and now have 100% confirmation - it was definitely him. Three sightings in twelve days is enough for me. Although as my mom pointed out, at least he didn't do a u-turn and follow us.

On another note, I stopped by the ex-job at one point while I was in town. I wouldn't have bothered, except that the construction site I kept having to visit was just a few blocks away from it. I figured I might as well pop in. The Spy seemed pretty pleased to see me. The rest of the bunch ranged in reactions from apathy to pretending they didn't see me. Whatever. I can't say it bothered me in the least... although boy am I glad to no longer be a part of that ongoing catastrophe.

The whole being-over-budget-yet-unfinished-new-facility nonsense that I mentioned last time I wrote about the ex-job had - according to the newspapers - been remedied. According to the staff, that wasn't true; it was just sort of half-assed remedied to get by, while the politicians and the board pat each other on the back and try to make themselves look nice again in the eyes of the community. There was a letter in today's local paper from the board, thanking the community for their kind donations, and thanking the various government agencies that had been responsible for the severe fuckups in the first place for all their kind support. What bullshit. But totally not surprising.

Additionally, while I was there, the Spy asked the current director if there was any word on whether or not the ex-boss would finally be charged with anything. Both the director and another high-up employee said something along the lines of, "Give it a rest, Spy. If nothing's happened by now, nothing's going to happen." Now, I've known ever since six months passed following the beginning of the "investigation" (compromised by lies from the "consultant" and misdirection and lack of cooperation from the board) without an arrest that nothing was going to happen. However, this is the first time anyone affiliated with the ex-job has actually come out and said so. Granted, they weren't saying this in public, but still, they said it. (According to the Spy, when the issue of the ex-boss gets brought up at board meetings, the board still sticks to the fiction that "The DA and the Sheriff's office are still investigating" - what bullshit.)

Anyway, that's all I have on that drama - thank the gods. Time for me to get some rest; I've got an early flight!

No comments: